Mississippi 71, South Carolina 65
Feb. 5, 2004
- Mississippi started game on 18-2 run.
- 23 of South Carolina's 32 field goal shots in the first half were three-pointers.
- 48 points were the third most allowed in the first half this season.
- Mississippi's largest lead of the game was 22.
- Lauren Simms has been in double figures in 7 of last 9 games.
- Kelly Morrone tonight was 7-12 from behind the three point line. She was 15 of 26 for the last four games. This tied her season high. She also had 7 three pointers against Mercer (11/26/03).
- Morrone had her first double-double of the season, second of her career. Her last was against Wofford when she recorded 10 points and 11 assists (12/4/02). Morrone's 10 rebounds were a career high. Her previous high was six which she recorded three times.
- The 23 three point shots attempted by the Gamecocks was the most in a half this season. Previous high was 16 in the second half against Clemson (11/21/03) and UNC (12/20/03).
- The Gamecocks' 39 three-pointers attempted was a season high. The previous high was 38 attempted against Clemson (11/21/03).
- Ole Miss's Armintie Price set a career high with 23 points. Her previous highs was 22 against Memphis (11/29/03) and Arkansas (1/11/04).
- Before tonight, Mississippi had not won in Columbia since 1/11/94. The last time they defeated USC was in The SEC Tournament (3/1/91).