Feb. 16, 2018
ATLANTA, Ga. -
South Carolina men's tennis is set for its 12th match of the season on Sunday at Georgia Tech. The Gamecocks travel to Atlanta, Ga., to take on the Yellow Jackets at noon (ET).
The Gamecocks are 9-2 on the season after a three-match weekend. South Carolina split a doubleheader last Friday, falling 4-3 to William & Mary and coming back to blank Howard 7-0. The Gamecocks were back in action on Sunday to face Old Dominion, taking down the Monarchs 6-1.
- The Gamecocks currently have three individuals ranked in the Oracle/ITA top 125 singles: Francisco Cerundolo at No. 87, Yancy Dennis at No. 95 and Gabriel Friedrich at No. 109.
- Friedrich and Dennis are undefeated at the #1 doubles spot with a 5-0 record. The duo defeated the No. 30 doubles team in the nation, Aziz Kijametovic and Francois Musitelli from Old Dominion, 6-3, last Sunday.
QUICK HITS: GEORGIA TECH
- Georgia Tech is undefeated at home and 3-4 on the season going into this weekend. The Yellow Jackets host Clemson in their ACC opener on Friday before taking on the Gamecocks on Sunday.
- Carlos Divar leads the Yellow Jackets in singles, currently ranked No. 39 in the Oracle/ITA top 125.
- The Gamecocks lead the series against Georgia Tech 31-13-1. The teams last met on Feb. 19, 2017, when the Yellow Jackets topped the Gamecocks 6-1 in Atlanta.
South Carolina opens Southeastern Conference play next weekend. The Gamecocks will host Tennessee on Friday at 5:30 p.m. and Georgia on Sunday at 1 p.m. at the Carolina Tennis Center.