Top 14 Reasons To Go To The 2014 Capital One Bowl
Dec. 11, 2013
The No. 8 Gamecocks are headed to Orlando to take on No. 19 Wisconsin for the first time ever in the Capital One Bowl on January 1, 2014. Great lower level and mezzanine level seats are available in the South Carolina allotment. The deadline for Gamecock Club members and university faculty/staff to request tickets (assigned by priority) is Wednesday, December 11 (click here to request/purchase tickets online.) Remaining tickets will be made available to the public on Thursday, December 12. Buying through the South Carolina Athletics Ticket Office is the best way to ensure you sit with your fellow Gamecocks!
We've come up with our best reasons you should go to the Gamecocks' bowl game below. Have a reason to add for why YOU are going to the Capital One Bowl this year? Tweet it to us @GamecocksOnline and we'll add it to our list!
Top 14 Reasons to go to the 2014 Capital One Bowl:
1. We sold out every home game in Williams-Brice Stadium this season and have the longest current home winning streak in the country. Help sell out the bowl game, too, for Gamecock Pride.
2. Because you'll be cheering on your Gamecocks on national TV in the top non-BCS game in the country, in our first-ever game vs. Wisconsin - a game that NFL.com picked as the No. 3 best bowl match-up in the country (behind only the BCS National Championship game and the Rose Bowl.) As Coach Spurrier said, "Well, we have to get our run defense pants on, that's for sure."
3. Did you see THESE incredible moments in person? Don't miss another moment.
4. Help uphold the Gamecocks' great tradition and national reputation for traveling well by packing up your Garnet and Black and taking over Orlando.
5. New this year, Gamecock Club members will receive one priority point for each bowl ticket purchased through the South Carolina Athletics Ticket Office.
6. It's the final game in Garnet and Black for five record-setting seniors (Jimmy Legree, Ronald Patrick, Connor Shaw, Chaz Sutton, David Wilkins) and possibly three juniors (Jadeveon Clowney, Victor Hampton, Kelcy Quarles.)
7. Don't take it for granted and come celebrate the success - this is the third year in a row the Gamecocks can win their bowl game, have an 11-win season, and finish in the Top 10 in the country.
8. We don't want to be outnumbered by Badgers! We're only 400 miles away and can make the drive. They are 1300 miles away.
9. Create the Williams-Brice gameday atmosphere in Orlando. Be LOUD and bring your rally towel to cheer on your Gamecocks.
10. The weather forecast in Orlando on New Year's Day is 80 and sunny (well, we don't know if that's true yet, but it's a great guess. It's 80 degrees there on December 11!)
11. Because who doesn't love going to see this guy?
12. Hunter Hayes is performing! Hunter opened for Carrie Underwood at Colonial Life Arena in Columbia and got a great Gamecock welcome. He'll play a free concert for ticketholders at the FanFest pregame tailgate party as well as headline the game's halftime show.
13. Cocky will write you an excuse note to miss work or school the day after the game. No, really, he will. His penmanship is excellent.
14. Last, but certainly not least, because IT'S GREAT TO BE A GAMECOCK!
Why are YOU going to the Capital One Bowl this year? Tweet your reason to @GamecocksOnline and we'll add the best tweets to this post!