South Carolina vs. Clemson Post-Game Notes
Nov. 24, 2012
Final Stats |
SOUTH CAROLINA NOTES
With the win over Clemson, head coach Steve Spurrier became the winningest coach in South Carolina football history. Coach Spurrier is now 65-37 in his career at South Carolina; he surpassed Rex Enright who had 64 career wins at South Carolina.
- With the win, South Carolina has extended its winning streak in the series over Clemson to four games. That matches the longest in school history.
- South Carolina extended its regular season non-conference winning streak to 17 straight games with the victory. The Gamecocks last regular season non-conference loss came to Clemson in 2008.
- The Gamecocks established a school record with 21 wins over the last two seasons.
- Nine Gamecocks have started every game this season: Reginald Bowens (LB), Bruce Ellington (WR), Byron Jerideau (DT), T.J. Johnson (C), DeVonte Holloman (Spur), Ronald Patrick (OG), Ace Sanders (WR), Devin Taylor (DE), Shaq Wilson (LB).
- Ace Sanders caught six passes for 119 yards, a career-high and his first 100-plus yard receiving game of his career at South Carolina. It also marked an individual high of receiving yards by a Gamecock player this year. The previous high was 108 yards by Justice Cunningham vs. Tennessee on Oct. 27, 2012.
- Dylan Thompson tallied his second career 300-yard passing game. He was 23-for-41 in the air for 310 yards with three touchdown passes. His three touchdown passes ties a season-high by a Gamecock player. Thompson also had three touchdown passes in the 48-10 over East Carolina on Sept. 8, 2012 with Connor Shaw throwing three touchdown passes in the 38-35 win over Tennessee on Oct. 27, 2012.
- Bruce Ellington had a season-high two touchdowns for the Gamecocks. He had a 13-yard touchdown reception in the first quarter with a 6-yard touchdown reception in the 4th quarter. Ellington also tallied seven receptions, the most receptions by a Gamecock receiver this year and tying for the individual high by a Gamecock player this year. Marcus Lattimore also had seven receptions in the 31-10 win over Missouri on Sept. 22, 2012.
- Nick Jones had a season-high four receptions. He caught four passes for 45 yards including a reception of 31 yards.
- Jadeveon Clowney set the South Carolina single-season record for sacks with 4.5 sacks in today's contest vs. Clemson. He now has 13 on the year surpassing the previous mark of 10 set by Andrew Provence (1982) and Melvin Ingram (2011).
- DeVonte Holloman's second quarter interception was his third interception in the series vs. Clemson. He also had interceptions in 2009 and 2011.
- With his 30-yard punt return in the first quarter, Ace Sanders set a school record for punt return yardage in a single season. Sanders now with 363 yards in 25 returns. The previous record was 362 punt return yards set in 1971 by Dick Harris.
- Adam Yates is now 11-for-15 on the year in field goal attempts. Yates was 2-for-2 in the contest as he connected on a 27-yard field goal in the second quarter and a 43-yarder in the third quarter.