South Carolina vs. Wofford Post-Game Notes
Nov. 17, 2012
Final Stats |
Photo Gallery 1 |
Photo Gallery 2
SOUTH CAROLINA NOTES
- With today's win, head coach Steve Spurrier registered his 64th victory at the University of South Carolina, tying Rex Enright's school record.
- Today's win pushed Steve Spurrier's streak against schools outside the BCS to 47-0, including a 21-0 mark since coming to South Carolina.
- South Carolina finishes the season a perfect 7-0 at home, the first time the Gamecocks have had a perfect home record since 1987. This win also pushed South Carolina's home winning streak to 11 games, dating back to October 8, 2011.
- Today's win also stretched the Gamecocks' non-conference winning streak to 15 games.
- During halftime of today's game South Carolina honored our nation's military, including a flyover.
- Attendance for today's game was 79,982.
- Senior tailback Kenny Miles registered a career-high 127 yards rushing on a career-high 27 carries, also scoring his second touchdown of the season. This was Miles' first 100-yard rushing game since 2009 against Clemson, and the fourth 100-yard rushing game of his career.
- Miles also registered a season-high four catches for 27 yards.
- The Gamecocks scored all of their second-half points in the fourth quarter.
- Junior wide receiver Ace Sanders scored his sixth touchdown of the season on an eight-yard pass from junior quarterback Connor Shaw in the fourth quarter.
- The defense as a unit forced four fumbles.
- Senior cornerback Akeem Auguste scored a touchdown on a recovered fumble in the fourth quarter.
- The defense pushed its season sack total to 34, second all-time only to the 41 sacks in 2010.
- Senior free safety D.J. Swearinger forced his first fumble of the season and recovered a fumble on a bobbled pitch earlier in the game.
- Swearinger registered 12 tackles today, which brings his total to 25 total tackles over the last two games.
- Senior defensive tackle Byron Jerideau registered a career-high 10 tackles.
- Sophomore defensive tackle Kelcy Quarles had a season-high five tackles.
- Neither team registered any punt return yards.
- Sophomore punter Tyler Hull pinned Wofford inside their own 20 twice in today's game.