South Carolina vs. Tennessee Post-Game Notes
Oct. 27, 2012
Final Stats |
SOUTH CAROLINA NOTES
- The Gamecocks now own a home winning streak of nine games and are 5-0 at home this season.
- The Gamecocks posted their third-straight win against Tennessee.
- South Carolina now has seven or more wins in five-straight seasons for the first time ever.
- Captains for the Gamecocks are junior tailback Marcus Lattimore, senior free safety D.J. Swearinger, senior linebacker Shaq Wilson, senior center T.J. Johnson, and senior tight end Justice Cunningham.
- Sophomore wide receiver Bruce Ellington scored on a 33-yard touchdown pass from junior quarterback Connor Shaw in the first quarter.
- Sophomore tight end Rory Anderson scored on a 26-yard touchdown pass from Shaw. His longest reception for a touchdown this season.
- Lattimore scored on a 28-yard touchdown run in the second quarter. His 41st career touchdown scored.
- Shaw ran in a one-yard touchdown in the second quarter, his second rushing touchdown of the season.
- A 24-yard touchdown pass from Shaw to junior wide receiver Ace Sanders in the third quarter marked a season high of three touchdowns passes in a game for Shaw.
- Shaw had a career high of 356 passing yards this game. His previous high this season was 249 yards against Missouri and his previous career high was 311 yards against Kentucky in 2011.
- Shaw passed for 356 yards, the last time South Carolina had a player pass for over 350 yards was Stephen Garcia (355) at Vanderbilt in 2010.
- Three Gamecocks posted career highs in receiving yards:
- Justice Cunningham posted a career high of 108 receiving yards. His previous was 46 yards against Kentucky in 2011.
- Bruce Ellington compiled 101 receiving yards with a touchdown, besting his previous high of 98 against UAB this year.
- Ace Sanders had 79 yards on five catches, matching a career best. His best yardage prior to today came against Vanderbilt in 2011 with 75 yards.
- Cunningham and Ellington both had over 100 receiving yards. The first time South Carolina has had two receivers with 100-yards receiving for the first time since Alshon Jeffery (158) and Tori Gurley (112) at Vanderbilt in 2010.
- South Carolina had 23 complete passes, tying the season high for completions in a game.
- The sack by sophomore defensive end Jadeveon Clowney in the fourth quarter caused a fumble, recovered by Shaq Wilson. Clowney now has 16.5 careers sacks and 8.5 this season.
- The forced fumble for Clowney was his first in 2012 after five in 13 games last season.
- Adam Yates scored a 36-yard field goal in the fourth quarter.