South Carolina vs. South Carolina State Post-Game Notes
Sept. 15, 2007
Sept. 15, 2007
Final Stats |
- The 37-yard first quarter S. C. State field goal by Aaron Haire gave the Bulldogs a 3-0 lead, the first time South Carolina has trailed this season.
- The 19 yard first quarter interception return by Nathan Pepper was South Carolina's first return of an interception for a touchdown since 2005 when Jonathan Joseph scored on an interception against Georgia.
It was the second career interception for Pepper.
- True Freshman Patrick DiMarco had his first career pass reception in the first quarter. It gained seven yards.
- The 40-yard first quarter field goal by Ryan Succop was his fourth of the season and 20th of his career in 27 attempts.
- The 12-yard first quarter pass from Blake Mitchell to Kenny McKinley was the second TD reception of the season for McKinley and the first of three thrown by Mitchell tonight. McKinley has caught at least one pass in 24 consecutive games. McKinley has eight career touchdown receptions.
- The third quarter 91-yard drive by South Carolina was the longest of the season by the Gamecocks. Nine of the 10 plays in the drive were on the ground by either Cory Boyd or Mike Davis. The only pass was the final play, a nine yard touchdown from Blake Mitchell to Davis. It was the first score of the year for Davis and his first touchdown by pass reception. He has 11 career rushing TDs.
- Three touchdown passes by Blake Mitchell gave him 31 for his career, becoming the fifth Gamecock to throw 30 or more career touchdown passes.
- The 19 yard second quarter completion from Tommy Beecher to Larry Freeman was the first career reception for Freeman.
- The second quarter interception by Captain Munnerlyn was his first of the season and third of his career.
- The second quarter fumble recovery by Darien Stewart was the first of his career.
- The announced attendance of 73,095 increased two-game attendance for 2007 home games to 151,329, an average of 75,665 per game.
- The third quarter interception by Jasper Brinkley was the second of his career and second in two games. He had a win-clinching interception last week at Georgia.
- The fourth quarter 29-yard run by Cory Boyd was his fourth touchdown of the season and 22nd of his career.
- The 34-yard fourth quarter reception by Jason Barnes was the first of his career.
- Mark Barnes caught a six yard touchdown pass in the fourth quarter from Blake Mitchell, the first career touchdown and first reception for Barnes.
- Cory Boyd rushed for 132 yards and Mike Davis for 102 against South Carolina State, the first time South Carolina has had two 100-yard rushers in a game since 2001 when Derek Watson (105) and Andrew Pinnock (106) hit triple digits against Vanderbilt.
- South Carolina's defense has not allowed a touchdown in 10 quarters. Louisiana Lafayette scored two first-half touchdowns. Since then the defense has yielded five field goals, four by Georgia, one by S.C. State.