South Carolina vs. East Carolina Post-Game Notes
Final Stats |
Photo Gallery 1 |
Photo Gallery 2
- South Carolina has extended its winning streak to six games. This ties for the third longest in school history.
- Head coach Steve Spurrier is now 45-0 in his career and 19-0 at Carolina against schools from outside the BCS automatic conferences.
- The Gamecocks' regular-season non-conference winning streak is now at 13 games. The Gamecocks' last regular-season non-conference loss came against Clemson in 2008.
- The Gamecocks now have their fourth 2-0 start in eight years under head coach Steve Spurrier.
- This win also marks Steve Spurrier's 199th career victory as a colligate head coach.
- Today's captains for the Gamecocks were DeVonte Holloman, A.J. Cann, Justice Cunningham and Devin Taylor.
- Damiere Byrd's 53-yard catch in the first quarter marks his longest career catch.
- After a six-yard touchdown run in the first quarter, Marcus Lattimore tied the school record for career touchdowns with 33, matching George Rogers (1977-80) and Harold Green (1986-1989).
- South Carolina posted the most first-quarter points in a game since Nov. 20, 2010, against Troy, where the Gamecocks scored 28 points in the first quarter.
- DeAngelo Smith pulled in a 30-yard touchdown reception in the second quarter for his first career touchdown.
- South Carolina's offense posted 21 points in the first half, its biggest lead going into halftime since leading Troy by 49 points at the half on Nov. 20, 2010.
- Ace Sanders second career touchdown pass came on a 16-yard pass to D.L. Moore in the fourth quarter.
- KJ Brent haD his first career reception on a three-yard pass by Thompson in the fourth quarter.
- Seth Strickland's first touchdown of the season and second of his career came on a 51- yard pass to Rory Anderson in the fourth quarter.
SPECIAL TEAMS NOTES
- Bryson Williams grabbed his first career interception on a Rio Johnson pass in the second quarter.
- DJ Swearinger recorded his fifth career interception after a quarterback hurry by Jadeveon Clowney in the second quarter.
- South Carolina's defense shut out the Pirates going into the half, its first shutout going into halftime since Sept. 3, 2009, against NC State.
- Shaq Wilson grabbed his second interception of the season and fourth of his career in the third quarter.
- South Carolina had five forced turnovers (three interceptions and two fumbles) this game and 10 in the last two matchups against the Pirates.
- Jimmy Legree snagged his first career touchdown and interception on a Rio Johnson pass in the third quarter. The Gamecocks' first "pick six" since Devin Taylor's 48-yard interception for a touchdown Nov. 5, 2011, at Arkansas.
- Patrick Fish's 24 yard punt marks his first career punt as a Gamecock.
- Landon Ard recorded his first career PAT after Strickland's 51 yard touchdown pass to Anderson in the fourth.