Game time set for 9 p.m. ET on ESPN2.
Dec. 23, 2013
HONOLULU, Hawaii -
South Carolina continues play at the Hawaiian Airlines Diamond Head Classic on Monday, facing the Boise State Broncos, who defeated host Hawaii, 62-61, in a down-to-the-wire matchup on Sunday. The contest between the Gamecocks and Broncos will tip at 9 p.m. ET and will be televised on ESPN2.
Date: Monday, Dec. 23, 2013
Tipoff: 9 p.m. ET
Location: Honolulu, Hawaii
Arena: Stan Sheriff Center (10,300)
Series: First Meeting
Last Meeting: N/A
Talent: Roxy Bernstein (pxp), Miles Simon (analyst)
Radio: Gamecock Radio Network/107.5 The Game in Columbia
Sirius: N/A; XM: N/A
Talent: Andy Demetra (pxp), Casey Manning (analyst)
Game Notes | Live Stats | @GamecockMBB on Twitter | Tickets | Diamond Head Classic Website
Carolina Quick Hits
- South Carolina snapped a three-game losing streak when it earned an impressive 78-71 win over Saint Mary's on Sunday in the opening round of the Hawaiian Airlines Diamond Head Classic in Honolulu. Four Gamecocks scored in double-figures, led by junior guard Ty Johnson's 16 points. Freshman guard Sindarius Thornwell added 13, freshman guard Duane Notice netted a season high 11 and sophomore forward Laimonas Chatkevicius posted a career high 12, including 11 in the second half.
- The Gamecocks shot 58.3 percent (28-48) from the field vs. Saint Mary's, the best percentage for Carolina this season, and the best percentage from the floor since hitting 57.7 percent last season in a win vs. Arkansas on Jan. 26, 2013.
- Foul trouble for Carolina's bigs once again played a factor vs. Saint Mary's, much like in last Thursday's contest vs. USC Upstate. With considerable time on the clock, Demetrius Henry, Mindaugas Kacinas, Desmond Ringer and Chatkevicius had three or more fouls.
- Monday's meeting vs. Boise State marks the first all-time between the Gamecocks and Broncos.
- Just prior to its trip to Hawaii, South Carolina fell to USC Upstate, as the Spartans posted a 74-68 victory over the Gamecocks last Thursday at Colonial Life Arena. The game was the second of an eight-game, 18-day stretch for Carolina. Freshman guard Sindarius Thornwell led Carolina with 19 points in the contest, while junior guard Ty Johnson added 11. Thornwell, Johnson and Notice each added three assists in the game.
- South Carolina head coach Frank Martin owns a 21-20 record in neutral site contests in his career.