June 6, 2003
South Carolina Gamecocks
* Marchbanks improved to 15-2 on the season. He is now 31-7 in his career at South Carolina. The 31 wins ties him for 5th place all-time at USC with Dennis Lubert and Matt Threehouse.
* Marchbanks walked four Tar Heel batters. It is the most walks he has given up since walking five against Kentucky on March 3, 2003.
* In the 2002 Regional against North Carolina, Marchbanks pitched only three and two-third innings giving up eight hits, and six runs. Today Marchbanks, went six innings allowing only seven hits and four runs, two of which were earned.
* Landon Powell's two run homer in the first was the eight of the season. Powell also ended the game with three RBI's. He has RBI's in his last three games.
* Justin Harris double was the 13th of the season and it was his first since May 14, 2003 against the Citadel.
* Michael Campbell's assist in the fifth inning was his ninth of the season. He is one assist shy of the record by outfielders.
* The Gamecocks have totaled 10 or more hits in all four of their NCAA Tournament games.
North Carolina Tar Heels
* Prosser's error in the first inning was his first error since May 14, 2003. (10 games)
* Moyer's homer was the sixth of the season and his first since April 15, 2003. (16 games)
* Cleveland's first hit of the game was his 100th of the season. He became the second player in UNC history to record 100 hits in a year. (Brian Roberts in 1997 with 102)
* Moore lasted only three and one-third innings against the Gamecocks. The outing is his second shortest outing on the year. (Three innings against against UNC-W on May 2nd, 2003.
- Women's Sports
- Fan Zone
- Gamecock Club
- Academic Services
- Active Gamecocks
- Annual Reports
- Brag Points
- Communications and Public Relations
- Community Outreach
- Compliance Services
- Facility Rentals
- Facility Projects
- Football Strength & Conditioning
- Gamecock Gala
- Gamecock Student-Athlete Promise
- General Releases
- All Access