Columbia Regional Game 5 - NC State vs. Stetson Post-Game Notes
June 5, 2011
Box Score |
NORTH CAROLINA STATE NOTES
- North Carolina State is eliminated from the Columbia Regional. The Wolfpack finish the season 35-27 and with a 1-2 record in the Columbia Regional.
- NC State committed three errors in today's game, the fifth time this year for the Wolfpack to have three or more miscues. They are 1-4 in those contests this season; the team falls to 3-13 in games where they commit two or more errors.
- The Wolfpack are 13-22 this year when the opponent scores first.
- NC State went 1-4 this season in games where they had an equal number of hits as their opponent. Both teams had seven hits today.
- Under head coach Elliott Avent, NC State is 16-22 in NCAA Tournament play.
- 1B Harold Riggins came into today's game leading all hitters in the Columbia Regional with a .556 average; he finished today's game 1-for-4. He leads the Columbia Regional with six hits in three games.
- CF Brett Wiliams hit his sixth home run of the season in the fifth inning. He finished the day 2-for-5, his second mult-hit game of the regional and his 18th of the season. He also leads the regional with four runs scored in three games.
- Stetson improves to 43-19 on the season and 2-1 in the Columbia Regional.
- Stetson advances to its first regional final since 2003. That was the 2003 Columbia Regional, where the Hatters fell to South Carolina in the championship game, 9-3.
- The Hatters improve to 3-2 all-time against NC State, with two of those three wins coming in this week's Columbia Regional. Four of the five all-time meetings have come in the NCAA Tournament.
- Stetson is now 21-8 when its opponent commits two or more errors; NC State had three today.
- The Hatters are 4-0 this season when equaling their opponent in hits; both teams had seven in today's game.
- 3B Ben Carhart had the only multi-hit game of the day for Stetson, going 2-for-5 with an RBI. It was his team-leading 27th multi-hit game of the season.
- RP Jake Boyd now has seven strikeouts in two appearances in the Columbia Regional; that ranks second among all pitchers in the regional field.