The Official South Carolina Athletics Site
FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ACT FEES
Establishment and Collection of Fees
The University shall establish and collect fees not to exceed the actual cost of searching for and making copies of the records. The establishment of fees is subject to change without notice as required by the actual cost of the search and/or the record.
- The individual or organization making the request shall be charged the total expense incurred for searching records, computer usage and making copies of requested information. The fee shall include the per hour cost of the individual(s) searching for and making copies of records, not to exceed fifteen ($15.00) dollars per hour, plus the cost of copies of records provided to the requestor billed at a rate of five ($0.05) cents per page. The fee schedule may be changed without notice to ensure consistency with the actual cost incurred by the University in responding to requests for records.
- The University reserves the right to require a deposit of fifty (50%) percent of the costs expected to be incurred in searching for or making copies of the records(s). If a deposit is required, the search for records will not be initiated until the deposit has been received.
- To the extent possible, fees for expenses incurred will be collected at the time the information is released. Fees not collected at the time the information is released will be billed to the individual organization and shall be subject to University policies and procedures regarding collection of fees.
- If a fee is outstanding on a previous request and the requestor makes a subsequent FOIA request, the response to the subsequent request shall not be released to the requestor until all outstanding fees pertaining to the previous request have been collected.
- Fees are payable in cash or by check made payable to the University of South Carolina.