As we prepare to open the new Carolina Softball Stadium at Beckham Field this weekend hosting #4 Alabama, let's take a look back at one of the all-time Gamecock Softball greats for this edition of Throwback Thursday.
Trinity Johnson was inducted into the South Carolina Athletics Hall of Fame in 2004. Check out some of her impressive accolades from her 1997 senior season below. Johnson helped lead the team to the SEC Championship, SEC Tournament Championship, and a Women's College World Series berth in 1997. The 1997 team went 63-5 overall and 25-1 in the SEC.
- Softball National Player of the Year (Honda Award for softball, first ever winner for South Carolina in any sport)
- US Olympic Committee Softball Player of the Year
- Major League Players Alumni Association Fastpitch Pitcher of the Year
- SEC Female Athlete of the Year
- SEC Player of the Year (unanimous)
- First-team All-SEC
- First-team NFCA All-American (three-time winner)
- SEC Tournament Most Valuable Player
Have an idea for who/what you want to see featured on Throwback Thursday? Share it in the comments.