THIS WEEK IN GAMECOCK COUNTRY...
We've got a packed weekend coming up in Columbia! Men's Basketball will take on SEC foe Georgia on Saturday at 1:30 PM. We have a goal to reach 2,000 students in attendance this Saturday (President Pastides wants to see you there!) Prizes will be awarded for students who pre-request their tickets online and more (see below.) No. 1 Equestrian also takes on Georgia this Saturday as the No. 3-ranked Bulldogs will look to unseat the Gamecocks from the top spot. Men's Tennis continues their indoor slate of matches with a double header with Georgia Tech and Wofford on Saturday in the Field House. Women's Basketball closes out the weekend of events with a big one as they take on Auburn at 3:00 PM on Sunday (plenty of time to get home after the game for some big football game we hear is happening that evening.) We'll be celebrating National Girls and Women in Sports Day with a pre-game event. Get to the game early (doors open at 1:30 PM) to check out the booths on the concourse dedicated to promoting physical activity and a healthy lifestyle among young girls. As part of the event we'll also be commemorating the 40th anniversary this year of Title IX. Women's Basketball games are very family-friendly, but even more so this Sunday as it is "Youth Day" and all children 17 and under will be admitted for free and our Read with the Gamecocks participating schools will be highlighted at halftime.
Saturday, February 2, 2013
Men's Basketball vs. Georgia - 1:30 PM - Colonial Life Arena
- "2K vs. UGA" - We have a goal of hitting the 2,000 mark for student attendance! Join the convo on Twitter with #2KvsUGA hashtag!
- Student promotions:
- Students are encouraged to pre-request their tickets as we aim for 2,000. As pre-requested numbers approach 500 tickets, 1000, 1500, and finally 2,000 tickets, we'll be giving away prizes!500 - Personalized, autographed Frank Martin Basketball- Promotional booth on Greene St on Friday - stop by for a chance at more prizes!
1000 - Under Armour prize pack
1500 - Observe a men's basketball practice and receive a behind-the-scenes tour
2000 - iPad
- Double Student Rewards for attendance (be sure you're signed up for Gamecock Social Rewards here)
- Double Loyalty Points for attendance
- Garnet Army T-Shirts (while supplies last)
- Free Food for all students
- President Pastides says he'll see you there!
- Rally towels for fans
- Kelly Fine Arts dance performance at Halftime
- Alumni Basketball Players to be introduced at halftime
#1 Equestrian vs. #3 Georgia - 1:00 PM - One Wood Farm in Blythewood
- Top 5 match-up between SEC rivals
- Free admission
- Beautiful sunny weather forecast in the 60-degree range
#40 Men's Tennis Doubleheader - Field House
vs. #60 Georgia Tech- 11:00 AM
vs. Wofford - 4:00 PM
- Team posters available
Sunday, February 3, 2013
#15/13 Women's Basketball vs. Auburn - 3:00 PM - Colonial Life Arena
- National Girls and Women in Sports Day - event begins when arena doors open at 1:30 PM - The day/event promotes physical activity and a healthy lifestyle for young girls. The Colonial Life Arena concourse will be lined with booths of various university clubs, organizations, and varsity sports. Booths will include Gamecock teams such as Volleyball, Softball, Track & Field, and Diving, Academy Sports, the Gamecock Club, Girls on the Run, and Mrs. Patricia Moore-Pastides, wife of University President Harris Pastides.
- Title IX 40th anniversary commemorative poster giveaway
- Youth Day - youth 17 and under receive FREE admission
- Read with the Gamecocks Day - Elementary schools who participated in the Read with the Gamecocks program will be highlighted at halftime. For this segment, there were 4,200 participants from 34 schools. Click here for more info on our reading program!
Gamecocks on the road...
Men's Basketball at #4 Florida - Wednesday, 8:00 PM - TV: SEC Network | Gamecock IMG Sports Network radio
Swimming & Diving at Alabama, Georgia - Saturday, 11:00 AM
Track & Field at New Balance Collegiate Invitational - Friday-Saturday
#31 Women's Tennis at #20 Clemson - Sunday, 12:00 PM