THIS WEEK IN GAMECOCK COUNTRY
Several home events for Gamecock fans to help kick off October! We have two Military Appreciation Night games this week, Men's Soccer vs. UAB on Wednesday and Women's Soccer vs. LSU on Friday. Volleyball hosts Alabama in their Dig Pink match in support of breast cancer awareness this Friday. Swimming & Diving hosts their first home meet of the season on Saturday. Come celebrate National Dessert Day with Sundae Funday at soccer on Sunday as well as admission for just $1.
Wednesday, October 10, 2012
Men's Soccer vs. UAB - 7PM
- Military Appreciation Night -- veterans and active duty members of the military will be recognized.
Thursday, October 11, 2012
Softball vs. National Professional Fast-Pitch Team - 7 PM
*Pine Grove Complex, 701 Old Barnwell Rd, West Columbia, SC 29170
The NPF Back to School Tour is in its 3rd year. It involves players from all 4 NPF Teams: The Akron Racers, Carolina Diamonds, Chicago Bandits, and USSSA Florida Pride. Players throughout the league will combine to play 23 games over 22 stops in 40 days on the 2012 Back to School Tour. The game is being played at Pine Grove Complex in West Columbia as the Gamecocks' new softball stadium is still under construction. Admission is $5 for adults, $3 for youth 17 and under and kids 6 and under are free. After the game, there will be an autograph session where both the NPF team and the Gamecocks will be available.
Friday, October 12, 2012
Volleyball vs. Alabama - 7 PM
- DIG PINK match in support of breast cancer awareness
- Pink Pom Pom Giveaway
- "I Dig Pink" Because Cards - Fill one of these out for a loved one or someone you know who is suffering or has suffered from cancer
Women's Soccer vs. LSU - 7 PM
- Military Appreciation Day -- veterans and active duty members of the military will be recognized.
Saturday, October 13, 2012
Swimming & Diving vs. UNC/Texas A&M - 12 PM
- First home meet of the year
Sunday, October 14, 2012
Women's Soccer vs. Ole Miss - 1 PM
- Active Gamecocks Day
- One of the designated games for which participants in our Active Gamecocks program may use their free tickets! Active Gamecocks is a statewide initiative to fight childhood obesity. Children in Kindergarten to 5th grade participate in the program by logging their physical activity for two weeks with a goal of 30 minutes per day with the ability to earn free athletic event tickets.- $1 Admission Day
- Sundae Funday -- Celebrate National Dessert Day with us!! Dorm that brings the most students wins ice cream
Gamecocks on the road...
Cross Country at Queens Royal Challenge - Friday, 4 PM
Cross Country at NCAA Preview Meet - Saturday, 9 AM
Women's Golf at Tar Heel Invitational - Friday - Sunday
Men's Soccer at Marshall - Saturday, 7 PM
Football at LSU - Saturday, 8 PM - TV: ESPN, Radio: Gamecock IMG Sports Network