Antonio Allen was the only player in the elite Southeastern Conference to rank among the league's top 10 in tackles, interceptions, fumbles forced, AND fumbles recovered in 2011. He led the Gamecocks' No. 3-ranked defense with 88 tackles on the season, 55 of them solo stops. Allen played the hybrid Spur position for South Carolina after moving from safety in 2009, where he is projected to play in the NFL.
****UPDATE: Allen was drafted by the New York Jets in the seventh round.
Get everything you need to know about your NFL team's newest player here!
NFL Combine/Pro Day Vital Stats:
Weight: 210 lbs.
40 yd Dash: 4.67 seconds
Vertical jump: 34 inches
Check out some of Antonio's highlights from the 2011 season:
More Antonio Allen video:
Highlights vs. Navy (10 tackles, forced fumble, interception)
Awards and Notes:
- AP All-American, second team (2011)
- All-SEC Second Team (2011)
- Led the Gamecocks No. 3-ranked defense with 88 tackles in 2011
- Second on the team in interceptions (3) behind only the No. 10 overall NFL Draft selection Stephon Gilmore (4 INT).
- Senior Bowl participant
- Jim Thorpe Award Semifinalist (2011)
- Ernest Brooks MVP Award (2010)
What They're Saying about Antonio Allen:
South Carolina showcases stellar class at pro day (NFL.com Blog)
2012 NFL Draft: Second-round mock draft (CBSSports.com)
Antonio Allen 2012 NFL Draft quick report (MockingTheDraft.com)
Trinity alum Allen projected as mid-round pick (Ocala.com)
Ingram, Allen Grab Attention at Senior Bowl - Feb. 2, 2012