The Gamecocks begin their week on the road tonight against Auburn at Beard-Eaves Memorial Coliseum at 6 p.m. Listen live on 1320 AM (in Columbia) or on GamecocksOnline.com. Brad Muller and Marcy Girton will have the call.
South Carolina (11-10, 4-5) Notes
- The Gamecocks have a winning record of 5-3 against Auburn's Head Coach Nell Fortner.
- A South Carolina victory would give the Gamecocks five SEC victories, the most since the 2008 squad collected six.
- The Gamecocks have a 4-3 edge in the last seven meetings including the 63-49 victory in Columbia to start this season's series.
- La'Keisha Sutton, who is hitting an SEC-best 64.7 percent from behind the arc through nine SEC contests, led the Gamecocks in points against Tennessee with 19. Sutton is third on the team in scoring at 11.3 points per game, 24th best in the SEC.
- South Carolina guard Valerie Ninima has been the Gamecocks' leading scorer 10 times this season, during which the team has a 6-4 record. She has scored in double figures in all but one game this season.
- The Tigers lead the series 19-13 and are 10-4 at Auburn.
- The Gamecocks have not defeated the Tigers at Beard-Eaves Memorial Coliseum since February 16, 2006.
- Auburn is coming off a 67-53 win over ninth-ranked Georgia.
- Tonight marks the fourth time head coach Nell Fortner has had to face another Olympic coach. She has also coached three of the four members on South Carolina's coaching staff.
- Junior guard Allie Smalley had 12 points and 4 rebounds at South Carolina on Jan. 17, and has scored more than 20 points in each of the last two games.
- Center senior KeKe Carrier leads the SEC in conference-only games with 3.2 blocks per game, and is coming off a 15 point, 9 rebound, 4 block effort against Georgia. She led the Tigers with 14 points, 7 rebounds, and 5 blocks in the last contest against USC.