Who: San Diego State Aztecs
When: November 28th, 1 p.m.
Where: U.S. Virgin Islands Paradise Jam, St. Thomas, Virgin Islands
- The Aztecs finished last season with a 24-9 record overall and a 13-3 mark in conference action in the Mountain West Conference. San Diego State reached the 2nd round of the NCAA Tournament, losing to Stanford 77-49 after a 76-70 win over DePaul.
- The Aztecs were picked to win the MWC this season were listed as No. 22 in Lindy's College and Sporting News' preseason polls. ESPN.com listed San Diego State as a "team to watch" this year.
- San Diego State returns four starters and 10 letterwinners from last year's squad. Among the returners is last year's leading scorer and senior guard Jene Morris. Morris averaged 16.1 ppg, 2.9 rbg and 3.3 steals per game.
- Morris was named to the preseason watch lists for both national player of the year awards the Wade Trophy and the John R. Wooden Award. She was also an honorable mention All-American last season.
- San Diego State assistant coach Fred Chmiel was a member of South Carolina head coach Dawn Staley's staff at Temple from 2006-2008.
Season tickets for South Carolina women's basketball season tickets are on sale now at the South Carolina Athletics Ticket Office. Visit GamecocksOnline.com or call 800-4SC-FANS. A reserved season ticket is priced at $50. You can also purchase a pack of four general admission season tickets for just $100.