Who: Jacksonville Dolphins
When: November 27th, 7 p.m.
Where: Colonial Life Arena, Columbia, SC
- The Dolphins finished last season with an 18-14 overall mark and a 15-5 record in the Atlantic Sun conference to win the regular season title. Jacksonville lost in the championship game of the conference tournament to East Tennessee State.
- After accepting a bid to the NIT, the Dolphins lost their opening round game to the Florida Gators.
- The Dolphins return four starters from last year's squad, including senior point guard Ben Smith (16.9 ppg, 4.0 apg). Smith was a first-team, all-conference selection last year is a prolific scorer. He scored 30 against Georgia Tech, 29 against a tough ETSU defense and reach 1,000 points for his career in the '08-'09 season. He was selected by the media as the conference's Preseason Player of the Year.
- Jacksonville is the preseason favorite to win the Atlantic Sun this season while Smith, senior forward Lehmon Colbert and junior forward Ayron Hardy were named to the preseason all-conference team.
- Jacksonville's head coach Cliff Warren was named by Athlon Sports as one of the top 10 coaches "under the radar." Warren has directed one of the biggest turnarounds in NCAA history as head coach of the Dolphins. The Dolphins won just one game during Warren's first season but became the first program in modern NCAA history to go from one win to conference champions in three years or less.